Green Industry Company working in MD/VA/DC area looking for an Accountant to assist in providing management with sound financial information by maintaining and reconciling accounts as well as preparing various financial reports. Candidate must have solid communication, technology, and analytical skills with a knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Bachelor’s Degree with CPA certification goals preferred but not required.
Typical duties of Accountant:
- Maintain financial records by analyzing balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Provide financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Work with Branch Managers to assist with reviewing expenses and recording adjusting entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded accurately.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by:
- Reconciling accounts receivable detail to direct costing software;
- Reconciling accounts payable detail to subsidiary ledger;
- Adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids;
- Analyzing and reconciling retainage;
- Preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Assist Comptroller in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
- Assist with other accounting projects as needed.